WRISC Family Violence Support Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation. From humble beginnings WRISC continues to grow and strive to meet the many requests for assistance each year. Being predominately Government funded, for a specific number of cases each year, has required WRISC to begin seeking other funding sources to be able to achieve this.
Each year the number of cases WRISC has supported has far outweighed the number we are funded to support (see graph below). Kind and generous donations from private philanthropists, organisations and various grants has enabled us to do this. These donations:
- allow WRISC to continue to provide services beyond our targets
- are an investment in our community by helping to change the lives of women and children.
Contributed funds assist WRISC to provide:
- Practical assistance such as emergency accommodation, changing locks, installing security doors and lights along with other safety strategies (eg. applying for an intervention order, providing a safe mobile phone)
- Counselling and support groups
- Art and play based therapeutic services for children
- Individual Case Management – providing information, referral, support, advocacy and crisis intervention
If you are able to make a financial contribution to WRISC we are extremely grateful. Our account details are:
Account Name: WRISC Family Violence Support Inc
BSB: 063-507 Account number: 10042491
Reference: Donors name or ‘anonymous donation’.
You can also make donations online via PayPal, using your PayPal account credit card if you don’t have an account.
WRISC is a deductible gift recipient (DGR) and therefore donations of $2 or more are tax deductible. Please contact us if you would like a receipt for tax purposes.